- My beautiful little baby girl who mostly just sleeps, eats, and entertains us with her very expressive face.
- My husband, who continue to make me feel loved and special, even though there is a new love in his life (his daughter). He has taken to fatherhood with enthusiasm, love, and excitement in a way that even I couldn't imagine.
- My family, with a special shout out to my Mom who brings me Tim Horton's coffee in the morning with delightful visiting time.
- My inlaws, both my father and mother-in-law were here this week. We will be missing my husband's father who returned home to work, but my wonderful mother-in-law is staying an additional 3 weeks to help me take care of home and baby. (Even though she has never experienced a real Canadian winter before).
- The excellent health care Bebo and I recieved while in the hospital and all the help and support of the public health nurses. I have been lucky enough to never have much use of our public health care system - but now that I've had a baby, a c-section, and a sick baby - I have new appreciation for all that we have in Canada - it's not perfect, but from my experience - it's pretty damn good.
- My family's health - we are so glad that Bebo's jaundice has cleared up and there are no hospital visits in the forseeable future.
- I am healing well from my c-section.
- The time I have to stay home this year to take care of my baby - yay Canada for giving new parents the opportunity to care for their babies in the first year of life.
- Being only two pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight!
Friday, December 17, 2010
Things I Am Grateful For
Sorry for the absence - my days are full of cuddling, rocking, feeding, diapering, and enjoying Bebo. In the meantime, here are some things I am grateful for and some pictures.