Thursday, March 10, 2011
I worked out 23 days out of 30 - so not a stellar performance but not bad either. 3 of those days where trip to see a friend. Travelling with a baby with lots of people to see made those days impossible for a workout. I didn't lose a bunch of weight, but I feel so much better about myself and my energy is returning, which is a great start.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
One of my new favourite blogs, Motherhood Uncensored, is challenging parents to be better spouses and giving out daily challenges. Today is all about remembering the good stuff, as it can be lost in parenthood. It's not about appreciating the parent they've become, but about remember what you loved about them before you became parents - why you fell in love with your spouse. So, as I'm low on blog ideas lately, I decided that this would be a chance to remember the good stuff about my amazing husband.
- He makes me feel important.
- He makes me laugh.
- I like the way his eyes crinkle when he smiles.
- He gave me the best compliment of my life when he said, "You are beautiful because you shine from the inside."
- He is neat and orderly and helps out more than his share around the house.
- He is affectionate and this has not faded over the years.
- He is great with my family and has made them all love him.
- He is surprisingly insightful when I least expect it.
- He is hot! (although he disagrees with me on this point)